Friday, July 6, 2012

lemon, rosemary & vanilla home deodorizer



Here is the direct link for: Lemon, Rosemary & Vanilla Home Deodorizer.

At Christmas time I usually put together a home deodorizer that I absolutely love: some water or apple cider, an orange slice, a couple cinnamon sticks, a sprinkle of cloves and a tablespoon or so of mulling spices -- all into my small potpourri crock pot. After a short time the house smells so delicious like I have been baking all day!

Who would of thought of doing it in the summer? This recipe for lemon, rosemary and vanilla home deodorizer comes from the blog, One More Moore. The author, Morgan, writes that she "makes this concoction every Spring and it makes the house smell like heaven." Morgan first learned about this fresh scent from Williams Sonoma when she worked there years back.

Here in Minnesota, an oppressive heat wave has kept us all a bit cooped up in the house with the air conditioning units droning away. I could really use a little piece of heaven or even a little piece of Williams Sonoma today!

The recipe sure is simple enough: a sliced lemon, a few sprigs of rosemary and a teaspoon or two of vanilla all placed into a pot topped off with some water. No, I didn't use my home-made vanilla extract for this recipe. It still needs to blend, another two weeks; see June 18th for details on How to Make Your Own Vanilla Extract.

After an hour or so, I wouldn't say the smell has permeated the house. Morgan simmers her concoction in a pot on the stove but I didn't want to heat the house up. Maybe that would help permeate the smell? At the bottom of her post, there were quite a few comments stating that they too couldn't smell it unless their nose was right in the pan. I would agree, but when I do stick my nose in I love the fresh combination of scents!


The red pin award for at least transforming my nose into a little piece of heaven! Yes, I would try this again, but not on such a hot day like today.




Happy pinning!




2 comments:

  1. Finally a scent hat is not wintery/Christmas like...i did lemon, dehydrated lime, rosemary and ground ginger...still waiting for it to permeate the house but it smells lovely in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea the ground ginger! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete