Thursday, July 5, 2012

loaded baked potato salad



Here is the direct link for: Loaded Baked Potato Salad.

I love potato salad and already have a tried-and-true recipe I never tire of. But I also adore new recipes! So I tried it.

This recipe comes from the blog, Dishing with Leslie. The premise of this recipe is the combination of all the flavors of a loaded baked potato into a salad format. The blog's author, Leslie, says this about the salad, "I like to mix it all together while the potatoes are still fairly warm and serve it right away". She suggests serving the salad either warm or cold. I served mine cold because it was already so hot outside. 

So why not just make a loaded baked potato, you ask? because a salad is so much easier to transport to your next backyard barbeque! And I will definitely be doing that again real soon!

To be honest, this salad surprised me. I didn't think I would like it with the sour cream or the shredded cheese in it, but I really did. I made this salad for our family's 4th of July supper. My son's girlfriend was complimenting me on the salad telling me that she normally doesn't like potato salad but she really liked this one (two helpings later). So I curiously asked her, "Do you like loaded baked potatoes?" Her eyes lit up, "Of course!" she said.

So if you like baked potatoes, especially loaded ones, and even if you don't like all the fixings, TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT! This recipe is definitely NOT low calorie or low fat. In fact my husband thought it needed a little more mayo. I would tend to agree, a little dry.

FYI. Next time I will probably add another 1/4 cup of mayonnaise to the recipe, to make it a little more creamier. One of the comments following Dishing with Leslie's post suggested mixing a packet of dry Hidden Ranch dressing to the mayo and sour cream. Another great idea!


The red pin award for very different but very good! My son ate the rest of it for breakfast this morning.

Always a good sign!



Happy pinning!





7/07/2012: Made this again and brought it to a potluck. It was eaten immediately! I also added 1/4 cup extra mayo and that tasted great, not as dry.

1 comment:

  1. We love loaded around here! Will definitely give this a try.

    And by the way - you do realize you are responsible for stuffing my google reader lately - right? Finding some great blogs thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete