Tuesday, July 17, 2012

banana pudding poke cake



Here is the direct link for: Banana Pudding Poke Cake.

I absolutely love bananas, and banana breads of all kinds! But I am not a huge fan of banana cream pie. Don't like the chunks of real banana in there. But this recipe promises no banana pieces in it, only the essence of it in the pudding used. Plus this cake received rave reviews from other pinners.

The recipe for this cake comes from the blog, The Country Cook. The blog's author, Brandie, loves all kinds of poke cakes. She has several others for you to try listed at the beginning of her blog entry. The tutorial for this cake gives plenty of photos that make your mouth water in anticipation.

Yesterday, my daughter, Hannah, baked and assembled the cake for me. I so appreciated that. After it had cooled in the refrigerator for about an hour, she cut two pieces for her and a friend. As they took their first bite I watched their faces, curious of their reactions. No real response. So I asked them, "What do you think? Do you like it?" My daughter's friend, being polite and very careful not to offend, said, "It's good and all, but it might taste better without the banana pudding in it." And Hannah totally agreed, "No pin award here, Mom." So I tasted it myself and would say the same thing: Too much banana flavor.

If you LOVE banana pudding, then you'll like this cake. If you don't, don't bother.

No red pin award today. Maybe I should of made the Butterfingers Cake instead!

Happy pinning!




7/18/2012: Cut a piece of this cake and it isn't so bad today. Sitting in the refrigerator for two days has blended the flavors, not so strong a banana flavor like the first day. I also like the moist texture of the cake. It's as if the pudding had been absorbed into the cake more. Still wouldn't make it again though.


No comments:

Post a Comment