Monday, June 4, 2012

greek yogurt ranch salad dressing




Here is the direct link for: Greek Yogurt Ranch Salad Dressing.

I like ranch buttermilk dressing but not all the fat. And it seems you need so much to coat your salad greens. And the 'lite' version is NOT the same thing. It needs to be flavor able!

I made the Greek Yogurt Ranch salad dressing recipe as she said and it was too runny. The trick is getting the right consistency, adding enough milk to get creamy, not runny. I think 1/4 cup milk (not a 1/2 cup) would be plenty. I used Stonyfield's organic yogurt instead of Dannon's and I found it a bit sour tasting. I do not know if all Greek yogurts are created equal.

I ended up adding 1/2 cup lite mayo to the dressing to thicken it up a bit. I threw it in the blender so it would be creamy. Of course, I liked this better! So the question is: Is it better than the lite store-bought version? Yes, it tastes much fresher. This recipe has potential though. Still a little more tweeking needed.

UPDATE 6/05/12:  After letting the dressing sit for a day or so to blend flavors, I tried it again. YUK! I don't think I like Greek yogurt that much. Too sour tasting. So a thumb's down on this recipe.

Happy pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment