Thursday, July 12, 2012

muffin cups stored in a mason jar



Here is the direct link for: Cupcake/muffin Cups Stored in a Mason Jar.

I was jumping around a fellow pinner's 'handy idea' board and found this simple and 'why didn't I think of that' pin.

It comes from the blog, Life is Crazy Beautiful. The blog's author, Lisa, is organizing her spice cabinet. She ended up storing her muffin cups in a mason jar as part of her cabinet overhaul. Nice touch! I usually throw away most of my old cupcake liners because after awhile they're either smashed, dusty or I totally forgot I have any. Out of sight, out of mind!

For this project you definitely need a wide-mouth Mason jar. I used a quart-size jar for mine. The regular-mouth jar opening is too small, but it works great for the mini-cupcake liners. For a fun detail, I used one of my muffin cups as a decorative liner for the top.

In the process of searching my cupboards for all my lost-and-now-found muffin cups, I found these unique liners (above): Wilton Blue Pleated Baking Cups. I had bought them from JoAnn's a while back with the idea of using them in turning any ordinary muffin into a special little cake. What a perfect excuse to try out a new muffin recipe from Pinterest!


The red pin award for clever! Now I can see what I have on hand.






Happy pinning!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete