Wednesday, July 25, 2012

easy baking soda air freshener



Here is the direct link: Easy Baking Soda Air Freshener.

This pin comes from the blog, Smashed Peas and Carrots. The blog's author, Maggie, loves the use of natural home products like this freshener using baking soda and a favorite essential oil. My house needs a little freshening up what with this oppressive heat wave we're having. Our house is so shut up and stuffy!

Maggie says this home-made air freshener is "sooo simple, sooo easy . . . and way better for you than those icky glade sprays and chemically-laden plug-ins!" The decorative lid makes the jar attractive at least. Why not try it?

All I had on hand for essential oil was 'cinnamon' left over from the holidays. Christmas in July? Better than stale and stuffy. I didn't have scrapbook paper either, so instead I used fun wrapping paper. I'm not wowed by the smell yet, but I'm giving it some time to work its magic.

Stay tuned . . . .


The red pin award for easy, as well as, for another great use for all my many mason jars sitting empty in the basement! 

I want to go to Whole Foods and see what other essential oils are out there. I would love to try a lemon one!




Happy pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment