Monday, July 30, 2012

how to get white toe nails


Here is the direct link for: How to Get White Toe Nails.

I wear polish on my toes especially during the summer months. I do it myself. I like them polished mainly because of the yellowing that occurs from wearing polish for long periods of time. When cooler weather comes I give my toes a breather and let the yellow color naturally grow out. Who ever knew you could get faster results?

This pin comes from the blog, Shape. This site gives lots of little beauty tips like this one for whiter nails. This tip comes from Roxanna Sarmiento, a beauty and style writer. Her actual tip is this: "If you get yellow nails after months of wearing dark polish, try scrubbing your toenails with a nail brush and whitening toothpaste. It gets rid of the yellow color."

This actual white nails pin gives a different formula for whiter nails: "Make a paste using 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and 2-1/4 tablespoons of baking soda. Let the paste sit on your nails for 5 minutes and rinse off."

I didn't have an extra toothbrush and didn't want to use mine on my toes. So I tried the baking soda method instead. Surprise, surprise, surprise! My toe nails were whiter, less yellowy. More is better so I tried it again for another 5 minutes. They were even more white. I should of taken a 'before' and 'after' photo, they were that dramatically changed.

Now I am admiring my new white toe nails and have no urge to polish in the near future.


The red pin award for it actually working! plus the bonus feature of my new white toe nails!

Here is another site I found, The Fun Times Guide, that gives more tips for whitening nails using lemon juice and more. Great resource!


Happy pinning!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete