Saturday, July 7, 2012

benefits of drinking lemon water



Here is the direct link for: Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water.

I occasionally drink a glass of lemon water in the morning, but not faithfully. I know it's supposed to be good for you, but I am never quite sure why? After reading this article from the blog, New Nostalgia, I have decided to run an 30 day experiment: Drink a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning and another in the afternoon.

The blog's author, Amy, is a huge fan of lemon water. She lists 6 reasons for drinking it, and the main reason being that lemon is an acidic food but when it is metabolized it becomes alkaline. Thus your system stays healthier if you keep your body more alkaline than acidic, so less colds, clearer skin and helps your digestive system. Lemon water even aides in weight loss! So why doesn't everyone drink lemon water, you ask? Because we're all too busy drinking our coffee first thing in the morning!

Amy uses half a lemon in the morning and the another half in the afternoon. She suggests drinking your lemon water with a straw to keep the acidic lemon off your teeth. She says, "Remember, it is acidic until digested!"

I usually use True Lemon packets in my water. True Lemon is crystallized lemons, a powder that captures the flavor of fresh-squeezed lemons. I like it better than bottled lemon juice. Two packets of True Lemon equal one lemon half. Saves squeezing lemons every day and remember, the easier it is the more likely I will do it! I buy my True Lemon packets in my grocery's juice section.

So one month from today, August 7th, I will report back to you on my findings and see if there is any claim to the benefits of drinking lemon water.


The red pin award for getting me motivated to try something hopefully healthy! Stay tuned . . .





Happy pinning!



2 comments:

  1. I believe it is commonly known that Martha Stewart is a believer as well. Some folks don't dig on her, but gosh, to have her energy and all that at her age? Pass me a glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting to know! Cheers! Here's to Martha!

    ReplyDelete