Wednesday, July 11, 2012

make your own printable word art


A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh, Chapter 8

Here is the direct link for: Make Your Own Printable Word Art.

I love the old time Winnie the Pooh stories! I still love reading them over and over. So when I saw this pin for creating your own printable word art I immediately thought of Winnie the Pooh.

Sorry it's another quote-like pin, but this one is a little different. I created my own (somewhat) quote using the tutorial from the blog, Centsational Girl. The blog's author, Kate, likes to use Picasa to create her word art, but she also refers to Picmonkey too. I used Picmonkey mainly because of familiarity.

Whether you use Picasa or Picmonkey, Kate's tutorial works for both. She gives step by step directions on how to create word art from start to finish: changing the background, adding an image, adding fonts, etc. For my word art, I took a favorite image of Pooh and Piglet, a favorite quote by Pooh and then merged them together on Picmonkey and creating what you see above. Very fun!

FYI. The biggest caution I can see is copyright issues. Make sure you give credit where credit is due. And when in doubt always error on the side of not using it. Like for instance, I went online and searched for free Winnie the Pooh clip art. I definitely didn't write this saying. A. A. Milne did. I didn't draw this illustration. E. H. Shepard did. They both deserve all the credit. Boundaries on the internet can get quite a bit fuzzy. Just be mindful.

Today's pin is in honor of Winnie the Pooh! and to help celebrate I recommend seeing the simple movie, A Bear Named Winnie.

"Based on the true story that inspired A.A. Milne's classic Winnie the Pooh books, this heartwarming tale follows the adventures of a Canadian soldier who leaves Winnipeg to fight in World War I. Along the way, he adopts a bear cub and names her Winnie, after his hometown. When he's called to duty, the soldier donates Winnie to the London Zoo, where the cuddly creature becomes a big hit".                                                    - Netflix

The red pin award for creative resource that actually helped me be more creative!





Happy pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment