Friday, June 22, 2012

marie's banana-berry bread recipe



This entry is a little different today. It originated from a pin that lead to something so much more!

On Tuesday, June 19th, I gave you the link for my most favorite banana bread recipe as posted on Cooking Light's website: Marble-Chocolate Banana Bread. Remember I mentioned another bread, the Banana Blueberry Bread? well, I made it, sort of.

I didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised quite a bit. In the end I invented a new recipe, I think. And I wanted to share it with you! It is so yummy and moist and it still has the banany-flavor. My family loves it, especially my husband. He actually said he could taste the granola - the nuttiness of it. I was impressed. Here's the recipe for your review:

Marie's Banana-Berry Bread

1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup ground granola*
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about two)
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup egg beaters
cooking spray

*enough organic granola cereal placed into a blender or food processor and pulverized until you have 3/4 cup total granola powder. I used Kirkland's Organic Granola with Almonds.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine 1 cup flour, ground granola, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine. Place the additional 1/4-cup of flour into a separate bowl with the blueberries. Toss to coat. Set aside. FYI, this helps keep the blueberries from completely sinking to the bottom of the bread during baking.

In another bowl, combine the oil, mashed bananas and eggs. Stir well. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir just until moist. Fold the blueberries-flour mixture into the batter.

Pour batter into a 8x4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden skewer inserted in the bread's center comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!

Yields 16 slices.


This gets the red pin award for cleverness on my part. After you taste it, you'll agree! and yes, I will definitely make it again!

Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment