Thursday, June 7, 2012

blueberry-sour cream pound cake





Here is the direct link for the recipe: Blueberry-Sour Cream Pound Cake with Lemon Cream.

What can I say, but it's Martha Stewart with another winner. The cake definitely looks spectacular with the Lemon Cream dolloped on top. The whole recipe whipped together easy enough. It makes a big batch, two loaves. What is it with Martha Stewart and her recipes? They have a tendency to make such large quantities? Not complaining here. One loaf for my family tonight and another for the freezer. It's nice having baked goods frozen away for an unexpected adventure!


My family liked it and so did I. I prefer the cake without the cream. The cream took away from the cake's subtle flavor. But it adds a pretty-factor. The red pin award! Yes, I most definitely will make this cake again.



Note to self: Next time I will put the lemon zest in the cake instead of the cream.


Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment