Saturday, June 16, 2012

baked chicken nuggets




Here's the direct link for: Baked Chicken Nuggets.

Our house is now McMayhew's, no need for the golden arches here.

These chicken nuggets were absolutely yummy! The secret ingredient? Panko Japanese bread crumbs found in the oriental section of your local supermarket. The recipe comes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food with Sarah Carey series. Sarah says, "The three-step breading method -- coating the chicken in flour, egg and breadcrumbs -- seals in moisture and gives a crisp crunch without a lot of added fat." I would tend to agree! Not greasy at all!

The recipe includes two dipping sauce options: honey mustard and spicy ketchup. I had in the fridge some leftover honey mustard sauce so I didn't make her sauces. Next time though. I liked the chicken-dip combo. The chicken needed a little zing that the sauce provided. The nuggets need a little something, like an added seasoning or extra salt. I'm not sure what it is yet, but will keep you posted.


A red pin award, most definitely! I will make these again for sure. And I would try the breading method on fish or shrimp as well.

Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment