Sunday, June 17, 2012

how to make a pom pom using a fork



Here is the direct link for:  How to Make A Pom Pom Using A Fork.

This pin comes from the blog, Eskimimi Makes. In her tutorial she shows how to make a pom pom with a kitchen fork and a little yarn. It worked slick and quick too!

The red pin award! Very clever and a great resource.

Want various sizes? simply wrap the fork a number of times. My orange pom pom, above, was wrapped 30 times and the green, 60 times.

The secret to it all is in the knot tying. Tie it tightly! If needed, get some help from a friend to hold it in place as you tie. If not, it can all fall apart. And I can attest to that!

FYI. These pom poms are smallish in size. So if you want larger ones you would have to use something wider like a meat serving-size fork. I will have to try that sometime. Then I could have my own tutorial on making pom poms with a serving fork!

Eskimimi has another tutorial on her blog that I will have to try another time: How to Tie A Bow Using A Fork.

Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment