Sunday, June 3, 2012

crowd-pleasing taco salad



Here is the direct link: Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad

My photo isn't as pretty as theirs, but I liked the result. I brought it to a potluck last night and there were no leftovers. But then again, nobody asked me for the recipe either.

The salad has potential though. I added Trader Joe's frozen/thawed roasted corn and chopped avocados to it. Good additions. And I used quartered baby tomatoes instead of the diced. I really liked the bigger tomato pieces in it. My husband bought large corn chips (see above) by mistake. The recipe calls for 'corn chips', I think the smaller chips or even salad tortilla strips sprinkled on top would look nicer. Also a little cilantro leaves on top would be good. Note to self: Don't serve this salad in a glass bowl next time. Too messy looking!


Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment