Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DYI microdermabrasion

Pinterest

Here is the link to the pin above: DYI Microdermabrasion.

What is Microdermabrasion? I had to look it up.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say: 
Microdermabrasion is a medical cosmetic technique that uses a mechanical medium for exfoliation to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis.
There is no blog or website linked to this pin, sorry to say. Only the ingredients and directions. Easy enough. Mix 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water into a paste and apply to your skin in a circular motion and rinse. That's it. So I tried it.

I mixed 3 tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of water. This amount worked fine with some leftovers if you wanted to do your chest too.

When measuring out the baking soda I noticed on the back of the Arm & Hammer box the exact same directions under their For Pure & Natural Personal Care section: Invigorating Yet Gentle Facial Exfoliant. On their website they also say that "removing dead skin cells will leave your skin soft and smooth . . ."

Does my skin glow like the pinner suggests? It still is me in the mirror, but I would say my skin feels softer. I would be curious to try it at least once a week for a month and see if I notice a larger difference. My skin definitely appears different, but I can't put my finger on it. Tighter pores maybe?


The red pin award for a home-made exfoliant that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Here's to the 'new' me!




Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment