Monday, August 27, 2012

brown sugar banana jam


Here is the direct link for: Brown Sugar Banana Jam.

This recipe intrigued me. Banana Jam, huh? I had to try it. It looked easy enough and only called for one very ripe banana. It only makes a small amount, enough to fill a one 4 ounce Mason jar. So not a lot of leftovers if it doesn't agree with us.

This recipe comes from the blog, Neo-Homesteading. The blog's author, Cat, says this about her Banana Jam, "This is a jam and a butter all-in-one. Buttery, creamy, sweet and salty." When I read that all these ideas started swimming in my head on what I could use it on: pancakes, muffins, toast, corn bread, etc. She even suggests using it as am ice cream topping.

Brown Sugar Banana Jam is out of this world! I could eat the whole jar myself. Who needs the toast or pancakes? They are simply a conduit for Banana Jam anyway. Yummy! I would definitely make this again.

FYI. Next time don't add the extra salt if using salted butter. And next time, double the batch so there is some left overs!


The red pin award for unique and delicious new recipe. This recipe would make for great Christmas gifts.

Start saving up those ripe bananas!





Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment