Sunday, August 19, 2012

crock pot chicken parmesan


Here is the direct link for: Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan.

I needed a meal to take to my sister-in-law's house for dinner. This dish had so much promise: A delicious-looking meal, easy to transport and it cooks while I run errands beforehand!

This recipe comes from the blog, Chef in Training. The actual recipe originally comes from A Year of Slow Cooking. Like making traditional chicken parmesan, you first dip the chicken in egg, coat it in Italian breadcrumbs, then place it in the crock pot. Then layer slices of mozzarella cheese and finish it off by pouring a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over it all. Pretty simple.

What I love most about chicken or eggplant or even veal parmesan is the lightly breaded coating and the melty cheese on top. When cooking the chicken parmesan in the crock pot you lose that breaded-texture as it all begins to blend into the spaghetti sauce.

The end result? We ate it, even Hannah, but we weren't wildly raving. I will stick to my chicken parmesan baked in the oven. Oh well, better luck next time!

Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment