Saturday, April 6, 2013

groundhog cupcakes!

24 groundhog day cupcakes
This is the direct link for: Groundhog Day Cupcakes.

Yes, I am clearly jumping from Easter bunnies to groundhog treats. This is such a cute idea I had to share it with you. I was lucky enough to have taken a photo of my little creations. If you have kids in your life be sure to pin this idea for next year!

This pin comes from the blog, Spoonful, courtesy of Disney. The idea of making these little critter cupcakes may seem a little daunting but actually, it was quick and fun! My daughter helped me and she enjoyed herself too. In addition they were a big hit at our annual 'groundhog's day' party.

To make things VERY simple, I ordered 24 cupcakes from my local Target store bakery: 12 white and 12 chocolate. They even came frosted! Plus, you get this great plastic carrying container to store and carry them in later.

The recipe was pretty easy to follow. This little ground hog consists of an Almond Joy snack-size candy bars with ears and cheeks made from mini M&M's. The only thing I did differently was use black tube frosting rather than the white. The black drew less attention to my mistakes! I also used sliced almonds for the one tooth, not the cut up jelly beans. And in the baking section of my grocery store, I found these prepackaged Wilton's candied eyeballs, shown in the photo right. They worked slick as compared to what the recipe originally called for. The 'dirt' is crumbled Oreo cookies.

It was worth all the effort with the 'cute' factor, and my kids loved them! Believe it or not, I never got to try one. But anything with an Almond Joy in it is yummy in my opinion.


The red pin award for cuteness and a fun-themed treat idea! I would definitely make them again.






Happy pinning!




No comments:

Post a Comment