Monday, September 10, 2012

a back-to-school breakfast


A frozen sandwich right from the freezer.
In preparation for busy back-to-school schedules, my husband and I spent 1-2 hours making do-ahead breakfasts, like this Egg McMuffin Copycat, to freeze away for later. The store-bought versions of these egg sandwiches are high in fat and made with high fructose corn syrup.

Here is the direct link for: Make Ahead, Healthy Egg McMuffin Copycats. This quick breakfast idea comes from the blog, The Yummy Life. Monica, the blog's author, is amazing with all her details, photos and great tips. I love her blog for that alone!

Monica recommends creating your own turkey sausages but I used Quick n' Eat! Pork Sausage Patties instead. My grocery store was out. I also used low-fat American Cheese. My kids love them!

It has really worked slick. In fact, my son, Isaac, was telling his girlfriend about it and now she want her mom to call me for the recipes! Isaac says, "It sure makes mornings a lot easier, Mom".

I also bought the deli wrap papers she recommends at Cosco. We are going to start using them instead of plastic sandwich bags.

FYI. Next time I want to use turkey sausage to lower the fat, and also try the brand of cheese she recommends: Sargento Ultra-Thin Mild Cheddar Cheese Slices.

Overall, it takes a little time upfront, but it is well worth the effort on the other end.


The red pin award for excellent quick breakfast idea and great tutorial!






Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment