Saturday, June 9, 2012

cinnamon roll waffles




Here is the direct link for: Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese Syrup.

I made these for the kid's last day of school yesterday. A fun treat to kick off their summer vacation. The recipe comes from The Lady Behind the Curtain blog. Sheryl, the author of this blog, says, "I've made pizza, sandwiches and muffins in a waffle maker. Why not cinnamon rolls!" So, I tried it and she was right, they are fun and tasty! Yes, this earns a red pin award!

The recipe is easy enough: one package (5 rolls) of store-bought cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting included and a waffle maker. The recipe calls for a syrup, but I didn't make that. Instead, I let the frosting come to room temperature and then simply drizzled it over the top of the hot waffles. So simple, needs nothing more.

Note to self: Remember to spray the waffle iron with oil! Secondly, this is a treat/snack item, not a breakfast substitute. These waffles are smallish in size and I can see the kids eating several of these without blinking an eye!

Happy pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment